I received my medical training from Bayero University Kano (BUK) and have been practicing General Medicine for the past decade. My passion had always been to help the sick become well, but as I continued my practice and later on studied for my Masters in Public Health (from University of Liverpool) I realized that why wait until people get sick? Why not educate people and help them not to fall sick in the first place? That realization led me to The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and a whole new world of information I never had access to as a medical student was suddenly within my grasp and understanding. Everything seemed to make sense, finally.I am medically licensed by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), and the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN), and have been practicing in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi since 2008. I am also a Public Health Advocate holding a Masters degree in Public Health from the University of Liverpool, & an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC); for I am passionate about breastfeeding and child bearing, having exclusively breastfed 4 children for 6 months each. I lead workshops on health & nutrition and offer individual and Group health & nutrition coaching. I received my training as a Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition's cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program.During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results. Bi'iznillah (with Allah's permission). There is no disease on this earth, that has no remedy, as stated by;Abu Hurayrah who narrated that The Prophet pbuh said:“There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its remedy.” Bukhari 7.582.So, that is my strong belief and it is imperative for us to find a cure for our ailments, but better yet, the best option I prefer is to prevent it before it even starts. And hence my journey continues... with delving into the field of Functional Medicine.I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.